Technical and historical information needed about this vessel. Please contact webmaster@fleetwood-trawlers.info

Click to enlarge image

M.T. Sapphire FD47
Picture courtesy of The John Worthington Collection

Changelog
10/05/2021: Page published.

Technical and historical information needed about this vessel. Please contact webmaster@fleetwood-trawlers.info

History

FD188 photo taken 14th July 1973
D298 photo taken 20th July 1976

Click to enlarge images

mfv Manx Belle FD188
Picture courtesy of The David Slinger Collection

mfv Manx Belle FD298
Picture courtesy of The David Slinger Collection

Changelog
20/04/2021: Page published.

Technical and historical information needed about this vessel. Please contact webmaster@fleetwood-trawlers.info

Click to enlarge images

mfv Anturus FD20
Picture courtesy of The John Worthington Collection

mfv Anturus FD20
Picture courtesy of The John Worthington Collection

Changelog
13/04/2021: Page published.

Technical and historical information needed about this vessel. Please contact webmaster@fleetwood-trawlers.info

Click to enlarge image

M.T.Lady Helen FD65
Picture courtesy of The John Worthington Collection

M.T. Lady Helen FD65
Picture courtesy of The John Worthington Collection

Changelog
31/03/2021: Page published.
29/05/2021: Added an image.

Technical and historical information needed about this vessel. Please contact info@fleetwood-fishing-industry.co.uk

Technical

Official Number: 301878
Gross Tonnage: 36
Net Tonnage: 18
Engine: 114bhp

History

1959: built as an anchor seiner.
1963: In Fleetwood February.

Click to enlarge images

mfv Thornwood FD177
Picture from the Internet

Changelog
06/05/2020: Page published.

Technical and historical information needed about this vessel. Please contact info@fleetwood-fishing-industry.co.uk

History

2005: Built by Harris & Garrod, Grimsby for Neil Robson, Bridlington as GENESIS II (SH300) as a potter.
2009: Sold to Laurie Henley, IoM. Scarborough registry closed. Registered at Peel as NEW DAWN (PL1).
2020: Sold to AM Seafoods Ltd, Fleetwood, Peel registry closed. Registered at Fleetwood as GINA B (FD541).
11.2020. Sold to Sk Phil Smy, Lowestoft and Nigel Stead, Grimsby. Registered at Lowestoft as SUE ANN (LT1).

Click to enlarge images

mfv Gina B FD541
Picture courtesy of The John Worthington Collection

mfv Gina B FD541
Picture courtesy of The John Worthington Collection

Changelog
16/04/2020: Page published.
11/12/2020: Updated history.

Technical and historical information needed about this vessel. Please contact info@fleetwood-fishing-industry.co.uk

Click to enlarge images

mfv Lady Mabs FD360
Picture courtesy of The John Worthington Collection

Changelog
03/01/2020: Page published.

Additional information courtesy of David Slinger and Barry Banham
Technical

Official Number: 166925
Yard Number: 46
Completed: 1942
Gross Tonnage: 111.6
Net Tonnage: 47.60
L.O.A: 95.0 ft
length: 92.3 ft
Breadth: 22.3 ft
Depth: 9.3 ft
Engine: 4 -cyl 240BHP HRN4 oil engine by Crossley Brothers Ltd, Openshaw, Manchester

History

27.11.1942: Ordered by The Admiralty (Admiralty 1501 class MFV) from Wivenhoe Shipyards Ltd, Wivenhoe (the yard having been re-opened by Government decree in 1939. A Rowhedge Ironworks Co Ltd, subsidiary). Launched as MFV1545 (Yd.No.46). Laid up at Brightlingsea to make way for MMS builds.
21.05.1946: Sold to Fleetwood Drifters Co Ltd, Brixham and completed as a fishing vessel by Rowhedge Ironworks Co Ltd, Rowhedge, Essex. Registered at Brixham as IAGO (BM20). Arthur E. Dexter designated manager.
1951: Sold to Torbay Trawlers Ltd, Brixham. Arthur E. Dexter designated manager.
1953: Re-engined with 3-cyl 300bhp by W. H. Podd Ltd, Lowestoft. Engine installed by W. H. Podd Ltd. Lowestoft.
13.10.1959: Sold to Putford Enterprises Ltd, Paignton. Brixham registry closed. Registered at Lowestoft as IAGO (LT170). Anthony Rainey designated manager.
10.1959: Re-engined with 6-cyl 335bhp by Ruston & Hornsby Ltd, Lincoln. Engine installed by Richards Ironworks Ltd, Lowestoft and engine room topside casing modified.
28.10.1959: Registered at Lowestoft as MORELEIGH (LT170).
12.06.1963: At Lowestoft grounded on North extension pier.
19.03.1965: Sold to Robert Pattison, West Hartlepool and John Bell, Shotton Colliery (joint owners).
19.03.1965: Sold to Albert Fishing Co Ltd, Hartlepool. Robert Douglas designated manager.
12.04.1965: Lowestoft registry closed.
04.1965: Registered at Hartlepool as MORELEIGH (HL160).
24.11.1966: At Lowestoft for overall be G. Overy & Sons Ltd, Lowestoft.
10.1969: At Hartlepool from North Sea trip (Sk. Rodney Sheader) landed – 4 days 190 kits £1,400 gross.
18.02.1972: Sold to Mrs Edith Anna Szivkoviny, Darlington. Lola Fishing Co Ltd, Hartlepool managing agents.
24.01.1973: Sold to Andrew Brian Adamson, Bolton. Ernest Salthouse, Fleetwood designated manager.
16.01.1974: Sold to Ernest Salthouse and John Brackenbury, Fleetwood. Ernest Salthouse designated managing owner.
1978: At Fleetwood stripped of all useable parts and non-ferrous metals. Hulk towed out of Wyre Dock by ALAUNA (RO67) and left on marsh land south side of Dock Channel, sea cocks opened and hulk settled.
2019: Hulk still visible. Hartlepool registry closed.

Click to enlarge images

M.T. Iago BM20
Picture courtesy of The George Westwood Collection

M.T. Moreleigh HL160
Picture from the Internet

M.T. Moreleigh HL160
Picture courtesy of The John Worthington Collection

Jingle Bells Christmas Tree Bells Wrought Iron Bells Christmas T

M.T. Moreleigh HL160
Picture from the Internet

Changelog
29/11/2019: Page published.
09/12/2019: Image added.